Support for Caregivers
Powerful Tools for Caregivers: 6-Week Workshop
Caring for a family member or friend with a health condition can be physically, emotionally and financially challenging. This highly effective, evidence-based, self-care program builds the skills caregivers need to take better care of themselves as they provide care for others.
This FREE six-week workshop series is designed to provide caregivers with the tools needed to look after themselves. The program helps to reduce stress, improve self-confidence and communication, find balance and identify valuable community resources. Participants receive a free copy of the book “The Caregiver Helpbook”.
- Taking care of you
- Identifying and reducing personal stress
- Communicating feelings, needs, and concerns
- Communicating in challenging situations
- Learning from our emotions
- Mastering caregiving decision
Powerful Tools for Caregivers: Managing Stress
This one-time course is an introductory and interactive session on how to manage daily stresses and challenges while caring for a family member or friend living with a chronic illness and/or memory loss. During this 90-minute workshop, participants will learn how to:
- Identify signs and sources of stress
- Taking Action - stress reducers
- Make an action plan
- Participate in a relaxation technique
This workshop is based upon the 6-week Powerful Tools for Caregivers program, a self-care education program for family caregivers.
Hosting a Powerful Tools for Caregivers - Managing Stress workshop:
This workshop is available in following formats:
- In-person (limited to Sudbury/Manitoulin area)
- Videoconference via Ontario Telemedicine Network (OTN)
If you are interested to host a workshop within your organization, please contact us.