Mindfulness Awareness Stabilization Training (M.A.S.T.)
MAST is a 4-week group that teaches skills to learn to live in the present and to steady the mind.
This is a FREE brief, introductory mindfulness group intended for people who are able to make a 4 week commitment to learning and practicing mindfulness skills. Mindfulness is a skill that is useful for many aspects of our lives and teaches us to be engaged with the present moment in all that comes our way.
- 1 session per week (approx. 2 hours per session) for 4 weeks
- Small group workshop (5-16 people)
- Led by trained leader(s), one or both of whom are are a health professional
- Each participant will get a reference materials and a relaxation CD.
Participants will lean:
- What is Mindfulness?
- Concrete tools to develop greater emotional stability in their daily lives
- Emotion regulation and the window of tolerance
- Mindfulness of body, thoughts and feelings
- How the brain/body processes stress and emotions
- About developing self-care - come away with information and concrete tools to develop greater emotional stability in your daily life